Sunday 18 October 2009

Flow Gallery


David Clarke - seen here
My next visit took me to Notting Hill to see The Birthday Party at Yvonna Demczynska's Flow Gallery. Set up in 1999 - the gallery is celebrating 10 years of working with the makers and patrons associated with the gallery. The show presents the work of twelve artists nominated by twelve passionate women collectors of contemporary crafts. I was pleased to find the work of exceptional letter cutter Tom Perkins, which had been chosen by Dame Stephanie Shirley.

Tom Perkins - seen here
Other makers have been asked to contribute work alongside the core 12 artists, I particularly liked the work of David Clarke. I've been a fan of his work for a number of years, he uses silver in conjunction with discarded and unwanted pieces to give them a new life and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog...do join in the conversation...