Thursday 13 August 2009

Manon Gignoux


Manon Gignoux - Photo: Eric Morin for Interiors magazine

I was flipping through some back issues of Interiors magazine the other day and I came across an article I had book-marked about French artist/stylist Manon Gignoux. I remember being really drawn to the images at the time (February 2008).

Recently, on a trip to London we visited Egg, the exceptionally lovely shop in Kinnerton Street, Belgravia (there are now two shops opposite each other). The lovely lady in the shop let us have a look in the store room when we told her we were from a contemporary craft gallery, amongst the linen and cottons there were fabulous ceramics from Rupert Spira and others - but also some gorgeous textile necklaces and intriguing little domestic objects 'dressed' in fabric. Some things send a frisson of electricity through you when you see them, they sing against your nerve endings. I have just twigged that this was Manon Gignoux's work left from an exhibition she had at the shop. I wish I had been able to see it!

This is how she describes her practice: "I create fabric sculptures, dressed objects, clothes and accessories – each piece is unique. My work lies between art and fashion".


Manon Gignoux - Photo: Eric Morin for Interiors magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog...do join in the conversation...