Wednesday 1 July 2009

Simon Gaiger

You have to start somewhere...so I'm starting Bird in the House here, on the first day of July. I shot images of some gorgeous pieces we received in the gallery today for the retail section of our forthcoming show - WOOD.

These pieces are by Simon Gaiger, he is essentially a sculptor using wood, metal and found materials but these pieces are domestic and utilitarian, I think that's what I like about them.

'Moveable Feast', oak with steel.
Size: length 780mm, width 200mm, height 370mm



Chopping boards





"Clickety Clack"
A spice crusher - the crusher is made from the rail of the old Carmarthen to Lampeter rail track - hence the name!
Beautifully designed and made - sensitive to the materials, solid, tactile and satisfying.
Here's Simon's website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog...do join in the conversation...