Friday 10 September 2010

Winter House - Ty Gaeaf at Melin Medi

Photo: Kirsten Hinks

On Sunday, I installed a piece of work at New Mill, Drefelin, Carmarthenshire SA44 5BX as part of Melin Medi, a show of textile works placed in the landscape curated by Bethan Ash.

My installation, Winter House/Ty Gaeaf is the progression of an art project installed at New Mill during May 2010 for the exhibition Rhôd. The hut is constructed from my paintings made between 2000 and 2005 along with oddments from around my home in west Wales. It is a refuge of sorts. I have developed the house to make it suitable for winter residence.

Photo: Kirsten Hinks

The show opens on Saturday 11 September and is open from 10am - 8pm, then 11am to 7pm on Sunday. After this the works will remain installed over the winter months until May 2011, the degradation and changes to the pieces from the weather will be documented for a possible future exhibition. Winter visits are by appointment only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog...do join in the conversation...