Wednesday 11 August 2010

LUX


James Plumb - Cluster Chandelier - seen here

I've been entrusted at the gallery with a bit of curation...exciting and a bit scary! I'm putting together some artists and makers for our winter show. I'm absolutely delighted to say that James Plumb (Hannah Plumb and James Russell) will be the main focus of the show which will be called LUX. We will be showing their Cluster Chandelier along with some furniture similar to the Concrete Stitches range. I can't wait to visit their studio when we are next in London and see some of the work that might be available!

Jo Pond - Brooch with Brush - seen here

I'm also really pleased that jeweller, Jo Pond will be showing with us. I've liked her work for a while now and it's a real pleasure to have her work included in the show.

Hetty Rose - Mami - seen here

Another designer/maker I've admired for ages since I saw her work in a gallery in Surrey is shoe maker Hetty Rose - she uses vintage Japanese kimono fabric to create her exquisite handmade shoes. We'll have a small collection of as part of the show.

Artists, makers and designers in the exhibition reflect on the domestic, the beautiful and the well crafted. Some use up-cycled and reclaimed materials in their work, bringing discarded pieces back into the spotlight in a new form. Other work celebrates the simple and the functional in daily life. I'll write more about the other artists taking part soon...in the meantime - wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for another fabulous post with such wonderful artists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting! Watch this space....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog...do join in the conversation...